Friday, August 13, 2010

Journal entry 12 August 2010

A poetic plea for today….

For even now, when I truly don’t understand why You have requested of me what You have…

I know that it is indeed what You have asked!

I know that You love me and I know that You know what You are doing.

I know that You love me and I know that You promised that this will all be for the best.

And so I wish my flesh would just fall away and that I could find the beauty in all of this pain!

That my tears would stop cursing what so rightfully was done.

I accepted the task just as You knew that I would and I rely on the knowledge that Your strength will see me through.

Because as I look on, from where I now stand, it feels as though it was all for nothing…

But I humbly return to what You have promised; that Your Will ultimately prevails.

Because I cannot know Your thoughts or Your ways in matters such as these.

And much like betrayal does, it elicits the weakness of the former me

But the battle was marked with a kiss and I am filled with desire

Victory will soon come as I continue to reach for Your hand on the other side of this Fire…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers