Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sitting, waiting, watching...

Yes, it's early and a Tuesday but feeling like a Monday, the one where we paused life in honor of those who sacrificed for us…..I rose at 5am and woke to enter the sacred space of the Holy Yoga prayer call room and sat and waited and watched….always knowing God would do what only He does best; orchestrating the hearts of the callers to be linked by the thread that continues to point to Him and His mighty hand in our lives! And as the lovely women stepped into their voices and stories, so it was….again God and the invisible thread that connected us all. The scripture Colossians 1:11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy
Oh that precious and painful season of wait….and here we sit, 7 daughters of the King, and we've waited, and we are watching!
The conversation rises with its own life as God reminds each of us of His presence and purpose in the wait. Then the word joy jumps back off the pages, ugh and the weight of how to be joyful as I hear these stories, but there buried beneath the muck of confusion and pain is the golden thread that rings brightly with His glory and I see it and I hear it…each after the other resonates the same words "but it has brought my husband and I closer"! Ahhhh there it is the Bride and the Groom; what waiting increase, the intimacy and the connection. The wait is to bring you closer to Me My beloveds, ever so much closer to Me! You'll need My Spirit to endure and to be the strength that lifts your head as you climb up the mountain! You'll need My Grace to be your backbone as you wrestle through the confusion and pain of not understanding My ways! After all, things really do come true in the most unlikely ways! 
Sipping my sweet cup of coffee that warms, but waiting and longing for the burning reminder of Your presence Lord and as the playlist lingers on I am aware I'm here with You…I sit and I wait and I watch as You are in all those that fill this space. There You are in her smile, or his serious face as he taps on that keyboard. There You are as the rhythm of this whole world. The rain falls outside and you wash over us again and again if we will sit and wait and watch for You, never washing us away but washing us back to You and to life! It is all preparation indeed…one season leads gracefully into the next. Let it pour, sitting, waiting and watching for Your unexpected best Lord….Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers