Sunday, January 29, 2012

Becoming aware of Your Presence; Experiencing Your Glory.....


This is the story I desperately wish I had the words to tell....not just once but over and over and over again! My truest, purest desire and deepest weakness draw from the same source of mystery. I see that experiencing You Lord, is the only way to turn from all of the other experiences, in order to find the Grace and the Truth buried beneath the depth of what we previously thought was going on....what we previously credited as reality. The place where, if we are honest, most of us exist for most of our existence. An existence that is shattered when we are confronted by You Lord. But only in that occurrence does this hold True; it is only there that we See and find ourself free to Receive. Which begs the question, that I pray mercifully when I am in the presence of man...”God when will they get to experience You?” As I listen to them portray their stories, I hear the longing in their voice to Know You, and by Know I mean the deepest experience of You. Not just the stories told of You Lord, but the sweet exchange of Your presence for all their brokenness. The point where they see You; truly See You. The space between where the Spirit dwells and we find ourselves loved and free and new and different. It is Your work that does this and not our own. But as I stand and watch, my eyes are blurry with tears because I do not understand why You wait a lifetime with some and a breath with others. I want to weep for us all; not with pride or arrogance but with deep mourning. With words I do not understand. With cries that even my heart cannot translate. With emotions only the Spirit grasps. As I explore Your story, I make sense of how much we have to be taught before we are ready to See. And it is here where I fall, where I grow weary and get so frustrated. I want them to See You, because I know the Power of this. But for reasons in which I still cannot See, myself, it is not yet their time. For You know when we are ready to See You; any time before this is futile. So we wait upon the Wind; the Holy Spirit to move and to give sight to the Blind. I stood today in that final song of Worship losing control of every emotion as the words left my lips “Let us become more aware of Your Presence, Let us experience the Glory of Your Goodness”  Yes, yes, yes!!! And this became my prayer! One that stripped away every prideful thought of what I think we need. One that left me raw and humbled to lift us all, myself included, into this conversation. Because this is the Only thing that matters, the Only Truth that works, the Only Capacity for transformation, the Only....Most beautiful, Most precious, Most free moment of our existence here on earth.....Your Presence!
   ...It penetrates, goes deep into our character; And when it gets there it heals, restores and redeems us. May I always suffer from such humility...that I remember when I stand before man, You and You alone are their Savior. Let us become more aware of Your presence....and please, please let us EXPERIENCE the Glory and the Truth of Your goodness Lord! I cannot find the words even to express the longing I have....Lord teach me.....Holy Spirit You are welcome here!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers